Friday, August 20, 2010

Interplay

This is the page that I made for a book titled "Interplay".

I'd been having fun playing with a photo program & all the effects that could be created, so believe it or not, this started as a photo of a nodding violet. I used two different effects, one after the other to get the base image, which was then printed onto textile transfer paper and subsequently ironed onto fabric.

The image was then used as a background in my digitizing program to design swirls of stitching. These were stitched onto net, which was then appliqued over my base fabric image.

Certainly something different for me, but I was having fun with photo editing programs.

2 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Wow I'm impressed with the creativity and the process.

Margaret said...

Wow Jenny, that is beautiful. I'm so impressed by all your stitching skills!
Margaret