Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Experimental Fun

A few years back I salvaged this piece of disgustingly (to me) coloured fabric. I thought it might be good to play with some experimental drawn thread work on it. It sat in the cupboard for a long time, then about a month ago I needed something to take to my creative stitching group, so out it came, along with some coloured threads that I thought would go. On the day, I just threaded a needle & started stitching, letting the needle go where it wanted. I soon discovered that the fabric would pull to a certain extent, so a piece of experimental pulled work it became. The most fun I had was with the eyelets.

I'm not sure what I will do with it yet, it might somehow get turned into a little notebook cover. Time will tell.

4 comments:

yi said...

Hi. I regularly visit your blog.
Your story makes me fun and I can't wait the next update!
I'll write soon.

Tany said...

I hate the colour too, but nice job!

Rachel said...

It does look like the eyelets were fun!

Fidget said...

Pretty choice of fibers turned the ugly duckling into a swan. Very nice pulled thread doodle cloth.

Cheers!
Fidget