Monday, October 17, 2011

Black Work Experiments





 I have been making more of those little tissue packet covers for  a sales table at an exhibition next year. This time I have been experimenting with black work patterns worked in colour. The one above uses one of my own hand dyed fabrics with a commercial variegated thread, while the one below uses the same hand dyed fabric with a combination of single dyed threads in various colours.


This one has given me some trouble. The red that I thought looked good actually looked too dark & heavy when stitched, so I have had advice on how to tone it down. Not sure if I like it or not.

1 comment:

Linda said...

The blackwork designs work well for this too Jenny, great thinking. Love your scrunch dyed fabric with that thread!!

I wouldn't be too worried about the red - remember that others might just be drawn to the piece BECAUSE of the red - everyone is different.