Friday, December 02, 2011

Christmas Is Coming

Every year try to make a new decoration for my Christmas tree. This year I have a fixation for crocheted snowflakes, & I have found so many different ones that it is hard to choose. I am not sure why the snowflakes as it is usually quite hot here in Australia over Christmas. Maybe I think they will cool it down.

This is the first crocheted one I have done, hung in a cheap metal bracelet from a $2 store. I was lucky that this one fitted in the ring, the other one I have done is too big, so I will have to find some other way to hang it.

At this point I would like to wish my regular readers a Very Merry Christmas & a creative 2012. I have put this out early as I know things around here will be pretty busy for the next few weeks. So until I return in January,

Christmas Wishes to All

4 comments:

Wonderful said...

Best Wishes for Christmas in advance.

Marilyn R Miller said...

I am a painter in the U.S. I love your work! I have tried pulled thread work, and tatting, a litttle knitting, crochet, etc. One of my favorite of your works is the knit lace scarf! Beautiful!!!

My sister has made many crocheted snowflakes (I love hers on my tree!). She usually starches them with a sugar syrup. It keeps them stiff for years so they can be hung without support, and can easily be redone when they need to be laundered.

Merry Christmas to you... and all Australia!

Linda said...

Your snowflake is gorgeous Jenny, and the idea to mount it into the bracelet shape very clever!! I also wish you and your family a wonderful and safe Christmas, with 2012 bringing you closer to your goals. Thank you for your support to me, your friendship, and your inspiration. I love to see what creative things you put your hand to. Cheers.

Jenny @ The Delightful Momnesiac said...

Beautiful!