Monday, May 21, 2012

Fun With Blackwork






I have been having fun with a black-work pattern lately. The pattern is one that I created myself using  a photo as inspiration. I was planning on using the whole photo, but only managed a small part from it. The pattern would have been too large for the purpose of what it was being designed for if I had  used the whole photo.

This piece was started to test out the pattern & see where it would take me. I wanted to know how the motifs could interact with each other. As I stitched, I saw huge possibilities with pattern placement, colour usage, stitches to leave out, stitches to add in etc. That is the case with any pattern I guess. It's been fun though, & I have another two examples of the use of this pattern that I will show you further down the track. You will all just have to come back later to see what they are.


1 comment:

Linda said...

This sounds really interesting Jenny, and the thread you've used is such a soft and gentle colour. Look forward to seeing more in time.