Thursday, May 24, 2012

My New Scarf

This is my new scarf that I have just finished. It's soft, fine & warm, just what the weather is calling for today. It's cold & wet outside today & only 11 degrees, a far cry from the beautiful warm sunshine of yesterday.

But getting back to my scarf, it is made in a fine 2ply cashmere yarn from  Belisa Cashmere in Bundanoon. The pattern is a simple drop stitch one found at Frazzled Knits. It's the same pattern that I used to make this green one last year. It's amazing how  changing the yarn can make such a difference. This is what the pattern looks like close up.



Now to decide what next to knit? New gloves or a bag? I so want to do both!

5 comments:

Kim Philpot said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Just found your blog - you have lots of great creative stuff in here - I'll have to come back and look more. I'm currently working on a simple afghan for my sister - basic squares of double crochet, multiple colors and then all stitched together. Thanks, Kim

Merit said...

Beautiful. I crochet but always love the way knit looks.

Linda said...

Looks lovely Jenny, so soft and ladylike!! To be honest, I have never tried that drop-stitch pattern - must do so soon, it's lovely. We had some rain on Friday, cold weekend, but today is beautiful again. Stay warm.

Maureen said...

Belisa cashmere - I've seen their stand at the Craft Shows! So next time I must buy some.
May I ask what size needles you used? - and how many stitches?

LittleWhiteDove said...

Gorgeous scarf! Such a pretty pattern.