Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shoes


It's that time again, time to get things ready for the sales table for my local EG group's exhibition. For the last two exhibitions, it has been my job to make shoe bags. Why me? Because I have one of those "fancy" machines. You might recognise some of the designs, they are the same ones that I used before.

In the  blue one above, I have used a variagated thread for the first time. It's not the first time I have used this thread, just the first time that I have used it in these kinds of designs. It was interesting to see the result & how the stitch angle can change the appearance more so with the use of a variagated thread.











These ones have been done with just plain threads. It is also interesting to note the differences that occur when using different fabrics, polycotton just doesn't sit nice no matter how much stabilizer I use.

This design is a new one. I wanted something funky that perhaps the younger trendy generation might like. It still needs some work on the digitizing side, but when that gets finished & the design is stitched in some bright colours on an even brighter fabric, I think it will look awesome. I am just gald I do not have to walk in those heels!

They all still need to be stitched up & finished ready for sale, but that is a walk in the park compared to the digitizing. Hopefully they will sell well.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Jenny, I've done this at times, although I only have an old fashioned button-up boot [ladies] for my machine and no digitizing software. The polycotton worked okay, but then I didn't write the words, just did the shoe.

I have some like the sling backs, like the ones on the blue polycotton fabric!!! And, I'd love to be able to wear the ones at the bottom. I LOVE shoes!!

Your trade table is going to look glamorous. Cheers for now.