Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Tim Tam Tin

This tin was given to me as a Christmas gift quite some years ago. As you can all probably read, it is an Arnott's Tim Tam tin. Needless to say the Tim Tam's did not last very long and the tin was quite quickly put to another use.

Tim Tam's, for those readers that are unaware of them, are an Australian iconic chocolate biscuit. There a two chocolate biscuits joined together with a chocolate filling, then all coated with chocolate. Very rich and very indulgent. These days there are all kinds of Tim Tam's, from dark chocolate, white chocolate, caramel, and so on. Every so often they will do a special run of a special flavour combos to bring awareness to some charity. I've seen salted caramel, peppermint, choc orange, a mango one and my all time favourite of white chocolate and raspberry.

The photo above shows the side of the tin, while the one below shows the lid


So what does my Tim Tam tin hold now that it is empty of Tim Tam's ? More thread of course! This time it is metallic threads for my sewing machine.

I googled this one just for the fun of it to see if anyone was selling one, and yes they are. It's selling for nearly as much as my Queen Elizabeth 11 Coronation tin ! I must keep track as to the values I find to see what my tin collection might be worth.


No comments: